Topic: Volume lost

I'm losing my volume on my alarms the next morning whenever I mute my sound, this seems to happen both manually and through scripting.

Running the latest beta control panel. 

The sound comes on again when I mute and unmute the sound.

Re: Volume lost

Does the backup alarm still produce audio despite the mute settings?

Duane wrote:

Does the backup alarm still produce audio despite the mute settings?

Not sure, but I'll check tomorrow.

Could you also please confirm the position of the volume slider on the "Alarm" screen isn't turned all the way off.

The good news is that everything worked fine this morning.  However, I'm not convinced the goodnight script is running as the volume didn't decrease.

I just did a top, and goodnight.chumby is running tonight, though I don't hear or see the volume decreasing.  We'll see how next morning goes.

Everything worked beautifully today.  I loaded the new control panel last night, so am no longer running the beta.  Manually set up everything and ran the goodnight.chumby script.

Chumby got quit and quit playing music last night and my morning alarm fired off.

Exactly what I've been wanting in my Chumby!

Well, I have one more desire, I'd like to be able to create alarms remotely on the web.  I'm a teacher and do dog agility, so my schedule changes frequently.

The author of the goodnight script should probably consider using the new event system to control the Control Panel.