Topic: 2.7.15 is pretty much awesome

I almost missed the accelerometer based widget switching!  Very slick.  Honestly, the only thing left (for me, anyway) for chumby to be perfect is to be able to turn off snooze without having to go thru the menus or wait for the alarm to go off again. 

The transparent clock overlay is an elegant hack, too.  Doesn't interfere with other widgets, but still lets me see the time. 

I'm pretty impressed.  It's been a while since the last CP update, but it looks like you guys were listening. 

Still a few suggestions, of course (Everyone's a critic...)

I would like it if 'my streams' appeared on the first page of music selection
I would like if widgets could control brightness (I use the sleep sounds widget every night)
The channel change screen could use some optimizing

I use the stock widget.  It would be nice to tap to the next ticker (not really beta feedback, but...)

Thanks again!

Want to see a cool project? check out my projects on Gadget Gangster

Re: 2.7.15 is pretty much awesome

Seconded - this is a great update, guys! The alarm screen is much cleaner, and adding the 'Set' checkbox at the top level makes life much easier.

Thanks for the clock overlay! Haven't tried it yet, but will give it a look tonight.

Looks pretty good smile

Can anyone enlighten me as to how the new 'backup alarm' works? The alarm screen for activating it says - "The backup alarm will wake you with a loud beep if you don't respond to your primary alarm."

What does it mean by 'don't respond'?

samuel337 wrote:

What does it mean by 'don't respond'?

If you don't "snooze" or "stop" the alarm - ie. if you just let it ring.

Within how long? I like to listen to my 'alarm' when it wakes me up in the morning, until I get out of bed. Hence I've got it set so the alarm doesn't stop until after 90 min. Does the backup alarm kick in after the 90 min, or after a fixed period of no-response to the stop/snooze screen?

I know I can try it out, but the descriptions of the sound it makes really doesn't make it very appealing smile

Are there any other settings possible with the new overlay easter egg? I think it has allot of potential, but would like to have the ability to change opacity, and edit what time and date variables are displayed.

One more thing, I edited the size and position to get a full screen overlay, but it stops the control panel from being displayed. I might have tweaked the settings wrong, but i tried a second time and got the same results.
I copied directly from the release notes swapping the the position and size settings for full screen.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

For the "quick alarm", the delay is fixed to 5 minutes.  The delay is configurable from "custom" alarms.

Can somebody tell me how to use the accelerometer to change widgets?  I'm feeling like an utter moron but I've tilted, whirled, shaken and done most anything shy of banging the damn thing against the wall to get it to change...

Slave to the Light, Inc.
Los Angeles & Seattle USA
www.slavetothelight.com

This is how I do it: Lift the chumby with the thumb and fingers on the sides, leaving the index finger free.  Once it is in the air, press down on the switch.  When you hear the click, rotate your hand one way or the other.

wayn3w

[i]Honestly, the only thing left (for me, anyway) for chumby to be perfect is to be able to turn off snooze without having to go thru the menus or wait for the alarm to go off again. [i]

I second this idea. This is the last feature ever required for the Chumby ever ever until the end of time.

p.s. Ever

jeffehobbs wrote:

This is the last feature ever required for the Chumby ever ever until the end of time.

smile