Topic: super-hot touch screen

I just got my Chumby this Saturday...set-up was a breeze; loved playing with it, I thought it was going great until about 3 hours after it was activated the touch-screen became super hot (like touching a radiator).

I unplugged it and emailed customer support; (I hope I can get a different unit, I would be too paranoid about this particular one setting my little house on fire...)

I've seen a few more posts about hot screens, just how common is this? Is a normal Chumby cool or warm to the touch? I'm just bummed I don't have a healthy Chumby...

Re: super-hot touch screen

The screens do get warm to the touch but not that hot - it is a touch screen after all smile

Sorry yours isn't working - the Chumby is great when you get it working fully.

The display on your average chumby should be warm to the touch after it's been running for some time.  The reason for this is that all of the heat generated by the wifi adapter and cpu dissipate through the screen.  Customer support should be able to help out; if something is wrong with it, we'll get your chumby replaced right away.

Update...I have my replacement Chumby now and it's great. It gets warm, but not hot---big difference.