Topic: Alarm didn't go off

I saw someone else posting this in the release notes thread, but I figured it deserved its own.  My alarm didn't go off this morning.  It was set for 6:30, and I woke up at 7 and it was still sitting there in night mode.  The bottom of the night mode screen showed that the alarm was set.  It's set for 6:30 am, weekdays only, beep.

Re: Alarm didn't go off

Yeah.  I tried the alarm, but it didn't work, either.  I used the advanced alarm scheduling, not the basic first alarm.  Do note, however, that the release notes indicated that the alarm functionality is buggy and shouldn't be depended on to wake you up. 

It did change channels, for me, though.

Want to see a cool project? check out my projects on Gadget Gangster

Yes, 2.6.48 has known bugs with the Alarm - it may be several beta versions before that's stable.

The rule: don't depend upon the alarms in the beta.

Mine's hit or miss... Goes off sometimes, not others. I sleep through it either way. Zzzzz.

My weekday alarm worked great!!  Until today.  It didn't go off this weekend, which is good...but it didn't go off this am either.

"We will find a way, or we will make one."

6 (edited by dhl 2007-12-10 22:29:37)

I had a weird alarm bug happen this morning using 2.6.49:

Set a one time alarm using streaming audio as the audio source, 10 minute snooze and switching to my news/weather channel as the end action. Enabled the alarm, put chumby into night mode and turned out the lights. About 10 minutes later, I noticed what looked like a blank screen with that circular busy indicator, then the chumby went to my default channel. Weird I thought, so I hit the control panel, set night mode again and went to bed. This morning I woke up but the alarm didn't go off. I noticed that the alarm time was set to the set now time from last night which I used as a starting point to make my alarm setting. I verified the alarm time was right the first time I put the chumby in night mode, but not the second time.

Now I'm one of those people that has been having some trouble with WiFi connectivity. Sometimes it works totally fine and sometimes it's completely flaky for me (I'm gonna give the software more time before I call support.)

Wondering if alarms may be affected by connectivity???

When I enabled the advanced alarm, it went off the first night, but not the second or third.  So last night, I went into the control panel, to the advanced settings and unchecked the box that say "enable", the hit done.   Then went back into the control panel and re-enabled it.  It then went off this morning.

I've also had alarm 1 fail to go off with the Control Panel Beta. It'll work once or twice and fail. Turned the device off and on, and it worked again once or twice.

Yeah, I had mine go off the first time and not subsequent times.  Glad to see I wasn't the only one.

Yes, one of the bugs in the 2.6.49 beta is that repeating alarms aren't rescheduled when they go off.  This should be fixed in the next release.

When my Chumby loses connectivity, it won't automatically reconnect so if I choose a music stream the alarm will go off but there's no sound to wake me up!
I've been setting the alarms using one of the three generic noises and it's been fine but I would prefer to wake up to music or news so I don't automatically hit the snooze to get rid of the irritating noise. Maybe another generic noise that's not so irritating would help?
You might see the same post somewhere else related to connectivity - sorry for the repeat.

dhl wrote:

Wondering if alarms may be affected by connectivity???

yes, the alarms seem to have a problem going off with no connection, in that; they don't.

this man has been having problems as well; http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=2370

Just this morning my a quick alarm I had set failed to go off. I had set it to use the night before and left it on because I decided that it would be useful today as well. The alarm was set to on (I checked), however this morning it didn't go off at all. The volume was not muted, and it was not set to play Klaxon.

Hmmm, could you please send me your alarms.xml file?