Topic: CHUMBY ADDS FRAMECHANNEL SUPPORT

Does anyone know what this is all about?  Articles says it is Chumby compatible.

FrameMedia also announced that its FrameChannel software platform is now compatible with the Chumby, one of the leading ambient computing hardware devices.

The Chumby is an increasingly popular device that provides multimedia and web-delivered content to an affordable, stylish tabletop device.

FrameChannel is available as a free widget to all Chumby users, which will allow them access to an additional 300 channels of sponsored content, RSS feeds and the ability to email digital pictures directly to your Chumby.

About FrameChannel

FrameChannel, FrameMedia's software platform, delivers over 400 channels of free content, such as news, sports, and weather, to wireless digital picture frames and select ambient-computing devices. It also allows users to stream their personal digital photos to compatible devices over the Internet. FrameChannel works with wireless digital picture frames from companies including Samsung, Momento, PhotoVu, and Digital Spectrum.

Chumby, the open, customizable, and cuddly table-top device that streams content from the Internet and plays music from your iPod, has just gotten more useful: it now supports FrameChannel.

Chumby previously offered photo display and other content, but FrameChannel’s over 200 channels of free content, along with its premium channels, greatly expand the options of the kinds of content Chumby users can display on their devices. Adding a commercial service to Chumby also expands the business possibilities for the device.

Bob
Columbus, Ohio

Re: CHUMBY ADDS FRAMECHANNEL SUPPORT

Look here:

http://www.chumby.com/guide/widget/FrameChannel

Gee thanks.  I must have missed this somewhere along the way.  Chumby's content is growing so fast these days it's hard to keep up with all of it.  :-)

Bob
Columbus, Ohio

You're welcome.  I kind of missed it before, too.  I'm using it now and find it interesting that friends can email pictures into my FrameChannel.