Topic: How do I test my Flash app on my Chumby?

I'm working on something for my Chumby, how do I test it?

Re: How do I test my Flash app on my Chumby?

Do you have one?

~Ryan~

Duane is working on modifying the "Virtual Chumby" application (that a user can use to view their widgets via a Flash app. on a PC instead of their real chumby - currently accessible to registered users only) to allow developers to test their widgets without having real hardware. Stay tuned for this - we're all extremely busy reeling from the FOO Camp release.

Thanks,

Joe

yes, I have a chumby. I dont think anything needs to be done to test your app on a pc, that just requires a Flash player. Is it not yet possible to test on a chumby? Again, I am looking to run my app on the actual chumby hardware.

getting closer, any thoughts on how to test my app on my chumby? really excited to see it work!

At this point, your best bet is to follow the instructions on the wiki to launch SSHD, and run your widget from a USB dongle.

That's how we test many of the widgets we create.

I'm working on the ability for you to upload your widgets onto the site and choose them as you would the widgets we've created.

does chumby support php or some low-level scripting on its web-server(im sure i heard mention of it)? cos couldnt you make a php-script to upload the widget from your pc and then launch it from within the page?

need upload space for the forums or a chumby blog? right here then
http://www.nophus.com/useru
username is chumby
password is chumby

chedabob wrote:

does chumby support php or some low-level scripting on its web-server(im sure i heard mention of it)? cos couldnt you make a php-script to upload the widget from your pc and then launch it from within the page?

Uh..no.

The web server is extremely primitive - it's the one built into BusyBox

Not sure what good that would do you anyway - the chumby does not have a browser to display a page to host a plugin to show a widget on the device itself.

no, but i mean like when you update a router. if it runs off busybox, which is what runs on most linux routers. so i shouldnt see why you couldnt use a script to upload it.

need upload space for the forums or a chumby blog? right here then
http://www.nophus.com/useru
username is chumby
password is chumby

Ah ok - I see what you're say.  Hmmm...let me look into that.