Topic: Where can I buy a Chumby?

Hi All

I just found out about this device and, of course, instantly I want one.

The store on the Chumby website isn't yet selling them. 

Has anyone any idea when they may be going on sale and whether or not they'll be available in Europe, more specifically Ireland?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Where can I buy a Chumby?

On the same subject are these going to be available in Europe? Please?

We haven't announced a ship date, but we're aiming for Spring 2007.

We certainly would like to sell chumbys in Europe.

Perhaps you should put your expected ship date in a more noticible area?

Even having an outline of what your basic timeline is would be nice (we'd at least have the order of magnitudes right; I think there's probably more than a few people who're thinking this thing'll come out next month)

I want me a chumby eh?

~Ryan~

Warpling wrote:

I want me a chumby eh?

Was it that obvious? lol.

Also, I'm in that scary place known as "forign"; so a US release date of Marchish 2007 is great, but to ship these bad boys to Canada they'd probably need to go through a whole raft of certifications etc. (as they've got a transmitter in there) before I can see these in Futureshop. 

So, yeah, just knowing if I should put it on next year's christmas list or christmas two years from now would be nice smile

I think that it would be available online to ship in Canada. In stores, however, is a different story, both in Canada and the US.

Duane wrote:

We certainly would like to sell chumbys in Europe.

So, what can I do to help?

ross wrote:

So, what can I do to help?

Ha!

Not sure.

I guess we need to actually finish the product first, and be sure we figure out how to clear the necessary regulatory hurdles.

Well, if you ever need a fan boy Im here for you guys.

11 (edited by Steve Tomlin 2006-09-09 15:04:35)

Target commercial ship date for U.S. is Q2 2007.  Still looking into what's required for Asia, Europe and other markets.  We've received lots of interest from international markets both to buy chumbys and offering to distribute chumbys for us (and I *love* seeing blog posts about us in Spanish, French, Japanese and many other languages!) but we're still trying to figure this out.  One challenge that we're working through is that it is our intent to sell the chumby at such a low price that it really doesn't provide a margin for an indirect distribution channel.  So if anyone has great ideas on how to make this work, other than the obvious answer of selling direct, let me know.

I guess all I can say at this point is "stay tuned."

st

steve0 wrote:

"stay tuned."?Good idea!

big_smile

My eyes hurt...

PET-C---People for the Ethical Treatment of Chumbys /shoe