Topic: Music Sleep Timer

I like the new radio and other music options, but I'd like to see a global sleep timer for the music if possible. Just a suggestion - nothing stinks more than waking up to a mid-morning giveaway on Virgin Radio when its 3a CST.

Re: Music Sleep Timer

This is something I noticed as well.  I think a "sleep" button could be added pretty easily to the Music screen.

I would also find this to be super useful!

yes, I would also like a sleep option

ditto

This is on the list of things to do, but at some point we need to actually release something solid, then move on to new features.

I would also like this, seems a bit pointless to have alarms, clocks, etc - but no sleep function.

I am sure you have used the same solution but thought I'd post anyway.  I got around the sleep timer by creating an alarm that plays an incorrect stream (i.e., one that will never connect) for 5 seconds.  Turns off the existing stream nicely and if done at night can put the Chumby into night mode as well.

Awesome, Please give an example of a stream you might use.

Create a new stream in My Streams.  Call it whatever (e.g., Snooze might be good) and don't give an address so it stays at http://.  That way when you tell the Chumby to play that Stream it can't find the address but it won't look long as the alarm will finish playing the stream very quickly.

Bump.

I'd like to see a sleep timer soon please.

BTW, I appreciate all the work you guys have been doing to get our chumbies where they need to be.

Drew

Sorry, I am being a bit dim.

When you say create a new stream that has nothing in it, does that not mean there is no music or radio at all? What I am looking for is to be able to listen to say NPR for 30 mins, and that the Chumby then goes into sleep mode after that.

Any suggestions would be great. thanks

13 (edited by creep 2008-03-04 11:40:34)

They mean that you should set an alarm with a new stream and then set the action to night mode. 

This way you could set an alarm that goes off after 30 minutes that will turn off NPR and then put your chumby into night mode.

So the steps would be:
1) Configure the "when"
2) Configure alarm time (in your case current time + 30 minutes) and date
3) * Configure the "audio" alarm sound to the new stream (http://.)
4) set the action to set the chumby to night mode
5) select (check) the "Set" alarm checkbox and select "Don't show alarm screen" checkbox

Now that the alarm is set, you can use your chumby to listen to NPR.  Once the alarm time is reached, it will turn off the radio and then put your chumby into night mode.

I have a "daily" alarm set to do this exact function, so every night my chumby turns off any sound and goes into night mode.