1 (edited by afischer15 2017-12-19 07:11:57)

Topic: Custom Themes a Possibility? + Big Thanks

First of all, a huge thanks to Duane, diamaunt, and the Chumby team for their incredible work on keeping a product alive that a small but passionate group really cared about. I understand this was truly a labor of love, and the fact you were able to release this so quickly and efficiently really amazes me.

On an unrelated note, I noticed it was possible to reload the "Sony themes" to the control panel, and Duane even seemed to indicate that his theme was completely custom when previewing it earlier this year.

Would it be possible to create completely custom themes for the dash? I understand it would likely mean delving into ActionScript 2, but if it were possible, it would be great if you could share some pointers/code snippets if possible. Would you ever consider sharing the source for the star trek control panel theme?

Again, thanks for everything.

Re: Custom Themes a Possibility? + Big Thanks

Yes, it would be possible,  though it's rather involved from what I understand.  Duane's said that when he has some free time (which he hasn't for the last 8 months or so) he would likely create something of a toolkit to make it easier to do.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Re: Custom Themes a Possibility? + Big Thanks

I posted the information for creating themes a couple of months ago, including a crude "example" which basically logged its events.