Topic: Weather Bug

For the last month or two, this has been generating temperatures from random cities, although showing my zip code. Was funny at first, not so much anymore. Once in a while it gets my city associated with my zip code, but it is pretty hit and miss. When I see 75 degrees on the Chumby and step outside to 45 degrees, it makes the widget worthless. Any ideas what is wrong? Zip is 56093.

Re: Weather Bug

Now that you mention it, I've been having the same problem.
The Weather Bug widget has been going downhill for some time. First, there was an issue where you could no longer get new instances of the widget to work for non-US locations, although it continued to work for existing instances where it was already set up. Then there was the continuous severe weather alert banner that everyone, everywhere, got all the time.
Now there's this wandering location thing. I hadn't paid too much attention to it, because I thought that it was an extension of the problem with non-US locations, but I will look at it more carefully now.

I just came on here to see if other people were having the same problems. I have the permanent severe weather alert plus the completely wrong temperatures (I've gotten both 0 and 98F reported today, neither of which was anywhere near accurate), which I'll assume is either wrong locations or maybe no data for the 0F. I'm in Colorado, US.

This and local info are my favorite apps on my kitchen Chumby (it's a Chumby 8), and neither's been working right on that.

I finally gave up on it and have been using "Clock and Temperature" app (in the "Clocks" category. It gives accurate temps plus the time. No wind speed though. You can also change the default colors. Just look up html color codes and it lets you change them to whatever you want. I use 4 different repeats of this app in my rotation, with different colors in each. The AccuWeather.com forecast app works well too.