Topic: UPDATE request SSL for widgets

Are you getting close?  How about updating us now and then when you can.

Re: UPDATE request SSL for widgets

My current plan is to put something into test late next week.

that's closer than I thought!
here's hoping.

Duane wrote:

My current plan is to put something into test late next week.

so how goes the war?

I had a really busy week last week, was unable to get anything done on it.  This week hasn't been any better.

Here's hoping this is coming soon. My 2 weather widgets radar and noaa the whole reason for subscribing are completely broken because of this. Been waiting for 5 months hoping for a fix. sad

Would I be correct in thinking that the widgets, local weather, NOAA, etc., will have to be adjusted when the SSL problem is solved, in that they were changed to try and accommodate the SSL problem (which is when we went from not loading to loading but being way out of date)?

"2017-09-12 15:18:39

My current plan is to put something into test late next week."

Duane -

Are you getting closer? How about an update -
and, would it be possible to have a version of the weather widgets that were dash only since it has been said they don't have a SLL problem?

I guess I let my enthusiasm coupled with high hopes get the best of me -

I'll avoid postings such and wait quietly.

It might be helpful to understand my situation.  It's not an excuse, it's simply an explanation.

In my regular job, we're running a little behind on a very large contract, where the customer is advancing the deadline.  This takes a huge amount of mindshare - to tell the truth, when I get home from work, I am finding it difficult to gather the energy to do more coding, even for chumby.

On top of that, I'm also a Cubmaster for my son's Cub Scout Pack.  In the last month or so, that's taken up a bit chunk of my free time - fall recruiting, the ongoing popcorn fundraiser, our big family campout, and now rechartering on the Unit, along with several evening meetings - ironically, I don't get to spend as much time with my own son, which was a big part of the point of taking the job.

Right now my weekends consist mainly of reconnecting with my family, chores around the house, or, in some cases, just catching up on sleep.

I'm just as frustrated as anyone that this issue is still hanging out there.

Appreciate even more your efforts to keep things going. You need help. Can you hand some things to others?
Btw, how many units are hitting the server now that chumdashes arrived?

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Duane, quite honestly, you never cease to amaze me. I am confident that I speak for almost everyone on these forums when I say that getting enhancements to the Chumby system are very much appreciated, BUT, should definitely take a very low priority compared to all of the other issues you have on your plate.

Also, if you think there are things that can be delegated, feel free to ask.

(SHAMELESS PLUG, UNRELATED TO CHUMBY OR SSL)

By the way, if anyone's feeling a hankering for really expensive popcorn, my son's fundraising page is https://www.trails-end.com/scout/FVCKI9FL

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I hear the "Donut Shop Blend" coffee is excellent.