1 (edited by dturner 2017-08-02 19:47:38)

Topic: Dash not starting up now?

Came home tonight and my Dash was acting weird. I've powered it down numerous times and can't seem to get it to come back live. It either gives me the error that it can't download the control panel or that it can't connect to my network. It won't connect to my router or my router's extension. It starts up just fine but gets hung before it loads fully.

When it was working, I had the update notice - which I ignored as I'm waiting for the Chumby version to run on it. But it's awfully slow trying to start up now.

This has just happened and I can't seem to get it to start up. Anybody have this problem or have a workaround to get it running again?

Update: Apparently the 101'st time worked! I've got it back now.

Re: Dash not starting up now?

Try going to Special Options and do a "restore factory settings".

Thanks for the idea. It's working now but I didn't want to really do a factory reset as I wasn't sure how screwed I'd be for the Chumby update.

"Factory Reset" just clears the partition where all of the settings are - network, brightness, volume, etc.  It doesn't modify the firmware.

dturner wrote:

Thanks for the idea. It's working now but I didn't want to really do a factory reset as I wasn't sure how screwed I'd be for the Chumby update.

Our update is perfectly happy working with a fresh out of the box, never used dash, (as long as it has the right firmware).

The only difference in a dash already set up for you, and a factory reset one, when it comes time to install the chumby patch, is that you'll need to put in your network info for a factory reset one.  If it's a dash that already knows about your network settings, it'll remember that with the chumby patch.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.