Re: Weather forcast widget?

Hi Duane and folks,
First of all, thank you for working on this firmware!
I have a question regarding weather information. Is it going to be available in the new build without a widget?
I was primarily using Dash in 5-days-weather mode and hoping to see something similar. Maybe just for today/tomorrow.
And in case it's in the books, who is the weather provider? Any chance we can pick theweathernetwork?

eug9n9 wrote:

Hi Duane and folks,
First of all, thank you for working on this firmware!
I have a question regarding weather information. Is it going to be available in the new build without a widget?
I was primarily using Dash in 5-days-weather mode and hoping to see something similar. Maybe just for today/tomorrow.
And in case it's in the books, who is the weather provider? Any chance we can pick theweathernetwork?

I think the first order of business is just saving the Dash to do anything after the end of the Sony server.
After that, Duane (I'm sure) will have a lot *fixn* to do about a lot of things. There are few screen shots on the forum that may give you a glimpse of what it *may* look like. There will be a time to post improvements and suggested alterations in the future. Let's just SAVE the DASH first and then see what we got. This has not been an easy time for Duane (and his other helpers).

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Topic: Weather forcast widget?

As everyone else, my Dash was rendered pretty much useless by the recent update. Wondering / hoping there is a way to restore the Weather Forecast widget somehow? Thanks

Old New Dash

bo.stern wrote:

As everyone else, my Dash was rendered pretty much useless by the recent update. Wondering / hoping there is a way to restore the Weather Forecast widget somehow? Thanks

Old New Dash

I had the same Clock as you then I followed the post that reloads 1.7.1526 update via usb and "special options". Your
Sony apps will come back down to you from Sony. Then follow the post that blocks Sony's update..

My Dash was updated 'successfully' a few weeks ago, like most others here - so now it's just showing this boring clock.

Can the Dash somehow be hacked to bring back at least the Weather forecast widget:

Dash

Or does anyone know a similar weather forecast Dash like device which doesn't totally suck?

Thanks.

bo.stern wrote:

My Dash was updated 'successfully' a few weeks ago, like most others here - so now it's just showing this boring clock.

Can the Dash somehow be hacked to bring back at least the Weather forecast widget:

Or does anyone know a similar weather forecast Dash like device which doesn't totally suck?

Thanks.

Have you read through the "Success!" thread?

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.