Topic: Checking network devices

Anyone else with a new Chumby getting this? Just firing mine up for the first time today, and after the demo, I get a blue screen with "Checking network devices" on top, and the spinner spinning in the middle. Top button does nothing. Starting up touching screen at power up gets a Special Options screen, but then immediately goes to the same "Checking network devices" screen.

Saw a forum post about this, but the conclusion was "contact support" which I have done, but will have to wait until they are open next week. :-(

Just curious if anyone has already done this, and what was the conclusion?

Thanks!

Matt

Re: Checking network devices

Got a reply from Chumby support today! Here is what they said:

We do have a temporary fix for this. If you plug a thumb drive into your chumby, it should go past this screen and download our update which should fix your issue. I hope this answers your question. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other inquiries. Thank you for your interest in Chumby.

Status: It worked! I just plugged in a USB drive...nothing special on it...Chumby liked it, and continued on to startup properly!

Tako the Chumby is happily providing me cool information! He is currently downloading a software update.

Thanks, support guys! :-))

Matt