Topic: Registering a Dash on the Chumby servers.

Duane - great news.... We have 3 Dashes that we will subscribe to once you get things ready! The work you did to revive the Chumby was awesome and have been a monthly subscriber of yours for a couple years now! Thank you!

Re: Registering a Dash on the Chumby servers.

tdabbott wrote:

Duane - great news.... We have 3 Dashes that we will subscribe to once you get things ready! The work you did to revive the Chumby was awesome and have been a monthly subscriber of yours for a couple years now! Thank you!

Since you are already a subscriber, if you add the dashes to the same account, you will not need to get another subscription.

Subscriptions are per-user, not per-device, and dashes will be treated like every other device.

If you feel that you want to contribute more anyway, then you could create another account, or buy charms or something from thechumbystore.com.

how about if i only have the dash  i don t have a subscription on aby other chumby devices   so how do i add the sony dash there i tryed to figure out but coudnt at first i taught it was because the dash was registered with sony   and since they shut down the dash website weeks ago i cannot unregister lol ...

Duane wrote:
tdabbott wrote:

Since you are already a subscriber, if you add the dashes to the same account, you will not need to get another subscription.

Subscriptions are per-user, not per-device, and dashes will be treated like every other device.

If you feel that you want to contribute more anyway, then you could create another account, or buy charms or something from thechumbystore.com.

seanix wrote:

how about if i only have the dash  i don t have a subscription on aby other chumby devices   so how do i add the sony dash there i tryed to figure out but coudnt at first i taught it was because the dash was registered with sony   and since they shut down the dash website weeks ago i cannot unregister lol ...

We have not yet released the changes to the website and the device to permit you to register a dash to the chumby site.

The chumby site will not care whether or not your dash is registered on Sony's site.  You will not be required to have another chumby device to activate your dash.