301 (edited by beth 2017-07-07 21:18:29)

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

I have two and they are both still using the Italian language theme and working as alarm clocks. However due to the unknown date when they will stop working, I'm trying out converting an old iPad mini to an alarm clock/bedside viewer. Alarm clock isn't as cool but this may be a good alternative for awhile.

Dash owner here! Very nice to see this development continuing!

My Dash units are still working for now.  I'll keep checking back for when we can switch over.
Thanks,
Pete

304 (edited by cinemom 2017-07-09 07:47:13)

Got my free Sony Bluetooth speaker, real fast actually, called last Sunday and received Friday. Dash still hanging on with 3 music apps, 2 video apps, 0 picture apps. Alarm clock works fine still. Wondering what's next for the Chumby fix, instructions?  No rush, just wondering. Thanks!

BTW, I've unplugged Dash thrice in the last couple of weeks, and it connected to server with no issues.

One of my C10 Dashes was acquired used from ebay. It worked when I received it  but was still registered to the previous user.  I attempted to reset the registration and the "Failed to authorize: device and suit mismatch" is as far as it will boot to now.  I had contacted Sony customer no-service to attempt to purge it from the previous owners registration but it is still stuck with the error. Might this unit become viable with the Chumby update? BTW: I had originally bought it to replace a B70 that is just too bright in Night Mode. Thanks for all your efforts keeping this great machine alive.

jacobfam wrote:

. Might this unit become viable with the Chumby update?.

The chumby servers have nothing whatsoever to do with the Sony servers, so all Dashes start fresh.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

I have a dash and some time ever to help betantest

I have a Dash, awaiting any info.  My dash is dead.

I have a Dash.

I have two Dashes and I'm very happy to anticipate their rebirth through Chumby.

My Dash turned into a Brick a couple of weeks ago...Did enjoy it for at least 7 years! sad

shezam wrote:

My Dash turned into a Brick a couple of weeks ago...Did enjoy it for at least 7 years! sad

We'll help you unbrick it soon, as long as it's a C10 model.

diamaunt wrote:
shezam wrote:

And we sure do appreciate it.

Add me to the list of folks with a Sony Dash.  Looks like I'll need to spelunk around and figure out if mine is a C10 model or not.

I own a Dash C10, and I use it everyday. Just found out about the shutdown last night, as I lost power and had to reconnect the Dash. The only functionality that I use is the alarm clock, weather, and screen brightness settings, and I absolutely love it. I would be devastated to lose it, and would happily subscribe to keep it alive.

Would the efforts to keep it alive keep the look and sounds the same, or are they owned by The Company that Shall Not Be Named? I love the "chime" noise for my alarm clock, and I'm ready to get out some recording equipment to preserve the sound if necessary.

I have also 2 Dash and i really love it... I'm so sad that what Sony doing.
I am really excited to rebirth them in ChumbyDash !

Sony just bricked my Dash with the 1.7.1604 update.

I have 2 Dash and would be keen on an alternative.

mwarren wrote:

Add me to the list of folks with a Sony Dash.  Looks like I'll need to spelunk around and figure out if mine is a C10 model or not.

It says it on the rear back of the unit right under where the power cord plugs in HID-c10 or something like that

scfleads wrote:

I own a Dash C10, and I use it everyday. Just found out about the shutdown last night, as I lost power and had to reconnect the Dash. The only functionality that I use is the alarm clock, weather, and screen brightness settings, and I absolutely love it. I would be devastated to lose it, and would happily subscribe to keep it alive.

Would the efforts to keep it alive keep the look and sounds the same, or are they owned by The Company that Shall Not Be Named? I love the "chime" noise for my alarm clock, and I'm ready to get out some recording equipment to preserve the sound if necessary.

Record it. I think chumby has our back but worst case, I'll code the darned theme myself if need be.

diamaunt wrote:
shezam wrote:

Has anyone dumped a technical manual, service manual or anything useful with this that you can share?

I have a dash, please add me to the list!

I have 3 C10 Units.... After today, I'm down to 1 left working sad

My Dash finally met the wall also and all I have is the clock.  Very interested in future developments and all the hard work is appreciated.

cioran wrote:

Has anyone dumped a technical manual, service manual or anything useful with this that you can share?

not that I've heard of.

I have a Dash. A useless one currently.