Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

We have 2 that I would love to continue using.  Holding off on buying new alarm clocks to see what you guys come up with.

July 3rd.  For the last two weeks my "streams" haven't worked but everything else has.  I'm still able to run and watch netflix (Star Trek (TOS) "Assignment:  Earth" last Saturday), weather is updating.  I'm guessing if it looses power it wont come back up.

Any update as to when we things might be ready here?

Thanks!

Odd thing.. I never got the red warning message on my C10... but are of course unable to connect to their servers...
When I saw the orange Dash with the battery I was a bit envious that I was unable to grab one when they were in use...

Thought that was a very cool, very Sony, form factor and color...
And if they also too end up functional.... Wooot...

smile

I'd like to keep my dash alive.

Registered just to follow this thread. I haven't used my Dash in 6 months because it was in storage after a move. For several months before that it wouldn't download the update and so it couldn't even do the weather, just worked as an alarm clock.

Now I've moved to a new place, get it out of storage and find that Sony have just decided to drop it completely.... grrrr...

Would love to find out how to hack it and turn it back into the Chumby it was always meant to be! :-)

I have 2 and would like them to keep working

davesedg wrote:

Would love to find out how to hack it and turn it back into the Chumby it was always meant to be! :-)

That's what we're here for smile

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

This is a repeat that I'm interested in chumby support for my Dash c10. Thanks!

Four C10's here.  Ready and Willing to Beta as needed.  My daughters need their pandora back..

One dash. Would help out any way I can to make it fully functional again. Thanks.

One Sony Dash at this time.  Been using it for years and loved the interface and alarm features.  Very disappointing that Sony would shut down the service as I can't imagine it was taking very much effort, time or money to keep the server running to answer to all the Dash's out there.  I'm very hopeful you guys can get these working again.

Own one Sony Dash C10.  It's still working with time/temp, ESPN headlines, Slate, and CBS News as of July 5.  Thanks for all the work to keep it useable after the point that Sony decides it's time to kill it.

Has anyone seen or heard a exact date when Sony will shut down the support for the Dash. It's already July 5th. I don't want wake up late in  the morning because my alarm no longer functions. I am also curious exactly what will happen at the time of the shutdown. Will the clock just disappear and the screen turn black??

rrose11 wrote:

Has anyone seen or heard a exact date when Sony will shut down the support for the Dash. It's already July 5th. I don't want wake up late in  the morning because my alarm no longer functions. I am also curious exactly what will happen at the time of the shutdown. Will the clock just disappear and the screen turn black??

try turning off your wifi, and report back... that will simulate the shutdown.

Dash owner here.   Not liking Sony right now, but really appreciating the work, Duane!

yep i love my dash too

I have a single c10 Dash.; commgrp

My orange B70 is still working fine.

I think I've found a suitable replacement, but I'd love to keep using my Dash if it's possible.  Getting custom firmware on this thing would be great.

The chumby-fication of the Dash isn't using new firmware... just fyi.

diamaunt wrote:
rrose11 wrote:

try turning off your wifi, and report back... that will simulate the shutdown.

07/06/2017 I turned off power to my Sony Dash and then reconnected power. Apparently the Sony server is still on line because my Dash booted up just fine, it connected to the server and downloaded the control panel and my clock is displaying the correct time. I don't understand why Sony can't announce a specific date for the shutdown?

rrose11 wrote:

I don't understand why Sony can't announce a specific date for the shutdown?

Simple, because they simply do not care.

298 (edited by Redwood 2017-07-07 02:59:19)

My Dash gave me the "Can't download Control Panel" error about 18 months ago, and then got put in a box for a big move.  Doing some housecleaning today and figured I'd see if that ever got fixed.  Downloaded the new firmware, booted it back up again, and got the message about the impending shutdown in July 2017.  (It is still working though, July 7.  Location - Saudi Arabia)

Which lead me here.  I was pretty excited to get my Dash going again, just to be crushed by the Sony overlords.  Thank you Duane for your efforts.

Would love to keep my C10 functional. Been following these threads and did the "replacement" tango (fwiw) with Sony too. Now just awaiting the beta testers' results! Big thanks to Chumby for helping with this.

I love my Dash and I would like to keep using it. So far it's still up and running but I did not powered it off for sometime.