Topic: Broken widgets work fine on chumby.com

Why do some widgets like Human Calendar, CNet news, etc. work on the chumby website but not on the chumby itself? Is there any hope or is it time to delete?

Re: Broken widgets work fine on chumby.com

I'll look into it - it's very likely an SSL certificate issue.  I think many of these sites are redirecting to HTTPS and the chumby certs are out of date.

Thanks!

Human calendar was fixed by the author.  Thanks!

NOAA Westher US widget - same thing, works on chumby.com, forecast data is Undefined on my Chumby

I know it doesn't help, but the noaa weather widget works fine here.. (zip 75023)

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

7 (edited by ccchuck 2017-02-18 08:57:03)

weather radar is not working either!

The weather radar IS the major use for my chumby _
Is there hope for repair?

zip 35630

what's the actual widget name? there's a lot of possible 'weather radar' widgets.

diamaunt wrote:

what's the actual widget name? there's a lot of possible 'weather radar' widgets.

Local weather radar

This app displays animated United States local radar images from the National Weather Service.

diamaunt wrote:

I know it doesn't help, but the noaa weather widget works fine here.. (zip 75023)

not working in 35630 :-(

ccchuck wrote:
diamaunt wrote:

Local weather radar

This app displays animated United States local radar images from the National Weather Service.

it's working here.

so that's two things that don't work for you.  now, to find out what the connection (besides you wink ) is.

diamaunt wrote:
ccchuck wrote:
diamaunt wrote:

Local weather radar

it's working here.

so that's two things that don't work for you.  now, to find out what the connection (besides you wink ) is.

chumby 8 shows top part of NOAA but no daily info, chumby classic loads no data on that app.
neither load "local weather radar'. This app loads for example this type  data:
https://radar.weather.gov/lite/N0R/HTX_loop.gif

ccchuck wrote:

neither load "local weather radar'. This app loads for example this type  data:
https://radar.weather.gov/lite/N0R/HTX_loop.gif

yes, I'm looking at the local weather app display on my chumby classic right now.. though it always looks like a mess here with all the ground clutter.   (dallas-fort worth area)

I wish I could specify which radar map it displayed.. my preferred ones all show that everything is clear in the area.

Hmmm, can you guys post the firmware versions of your devices?

CC: HW 3.8 SW 1.7.3, FW 4094

HW 10.7 SW 1.0.7 FW 1.0.3454 I'm not sure but I think NOAA maybe changing their feeds.

Duane wrote:

Hmmm, can you guys post the firmware versions of your devices?

firmware 1.8.3883

Image URL is a widget that I use A LOT.  Depending on the URL, it will work on chumby.com but not the chumby.

Plank wrote:

Image URL is a widget that I use A LOT.  Depending on the URL, it will work on chumby.com but not the chumby.

me too..
but the weather  gifs are animated and imageURL won't handle them.

diamaunt wrote:

I had to do this line...

how's the weather up there? ;-/

seriously, any hope?

diamaunt wrote:

ccchuck wrote:

diamaunt wrote:

Local weather radar

it's working here.

chumby 8 shows top part of NOAA but no daily info, chumby classic loads no data on that app.
neither load "local weather radar'. This app loads for example this type 

My Insignia Chumby won't load the Local Weather Radar and the NOAA Weather (US) as of about a week ago. Zip is 56093.

My Insignia Chumby won't load the Local Weather Radar and the NOAA Weather (US) as of about a week ago. Zip is 56093.
I saw another user having the same trouble from a different zip code. Any ideas for a fix? Both apps must have something in common that references some url that changed.
Thanks

I'm looking into it.

OK, I've confirmed that the issue is with SSL.  Newer firmware should address it.  For instance, if you have a chumby Classic, it will work with firmware 1.7.3 but not 1.7.2.

Basically, NOAA changed their http feed to redirect to https and uses certificates that are newer than the ones on the older firmware.  I'm looking into a solution that would work on older devices as well.

OK the NOAA widget should be working again for all devices.