Topic: Wired ethernet using asix chipset

hi

I have been reading here, and need to use a wired connection to my brand new latte CC unit.  My office uses a wireless password that expires every 12 hours  sad

Reading, I see the TRENDnet TU2-ET100 using an asix chipset should work 'out of the box' since drivers are built in for it.

Will this work?
Do I have to do anything to make it work in the new chumby world?  Or will the connection just show up under network?

Thanks!
Phil

Re: Wired ethernet using asix chipset

I use a TRENDnet TU-ET100C  on a device and it shows up as "wired" in the control panel.  It works with no modification, hacks, etc.

If my memory serves me correctly, when you boot if wired is detected the control panel presents you with options for "Wired" and "Wireless".  Once you have it configured, it uses that one at startup like it does with remembered wifi networks.

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

Great.  $11 on Amazon, can't beat it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TRENDnet-TU … 41848c5330

ebay is slightly cheaper

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

another post lists the following may work:

Linksys USB200M
Netgear FA120
DLink DUB-E100
Intellinet, ST Lab USB Ethernet
Hawking UF200, TrendNet TU2-ET100
Billionton Systems, USB2AR
ATEN UC210T
Buffalo LUA-U2-KTX
Sitecom LN-029 "USB 2.0 10/100 Ethernet adapter"
corega FEther USB2-TX
Surecom EP-1427X-2
goodway corp usb gwusb2e
ASIX AX88772 10/100

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

The Asix chipset is also present in all Nintendo Wii wired network adapters. (It's the only USB network chipset the console supports!) If you can find these cheap, or have one sitting around, you can use that too.

Plugged it in, went to network, wired/wireless was ther!  Selected wired, came right up!!!!

So the $11 connector worked fine.