Topic: Status of new/returning "apps"?

Hello -

I've been lurking all over the forum today but I can't find out how many "apps" are working besides the space time app.  I understand the weather app is coming back, yes? 

My wife really really really wants Fat Cat to return.  I know, "Fat Chance!!!", but I gotta ask. 

If more apps are coming online then I'd be interested in buying a C8 from the store.  For instance, can the C8 "see" http://www.sigalert.com by any chance?

chumfg83

2 (edited by cfg83 2014-02-27 16:16:46)

Re: Status of new/returning "apps"?

Me -

Answering my own questions :

Zurk's Chumby 8 Offline Firmware ( Insignia Infocast / chumby8 only! )
http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=7832

"This is my chumby 8 offline firmware. it does not rely on chumby.com servers at all. You may continue to use network services (e.g. weather) from other sites but all access to chumby.com is blocked. ..."

chumfg83

Me -

I see the resources I need to make it work for me.  I went ahead and got a C8.

chumfg83

cfg83 wrote:

Hello -

I've been lurking all over the forum today but I can't find out how many "apps" are working besides the space time app.  I understand the weather app is coming back, yes? 

My wife really really really wants Fat Cat to return.  I know, "Fat Chance!!!", but I gotta ask. 

If more apps are coming online then I'd be interested in buying a C8 from the store.  For instance, can the C8 "see" http://www.sigalert.com by any chance?

chumfg83

I believe the correct answer is "lots".  but I don't know for sure, I know that Duane is working his butt off to bring back as many of the widgets as possible, not all will come back, for various reasons, but many will.

and there will likely even be new ones as time goes on, and people are encouraged to play more.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

diamaunt -

diamaunt wrote:

I believe the correct answer is "lots".  but I don't know for sure, I know that Duane is working his butt off to bring back as many of the widgets as possible, not all will come back, for various reasons, but many will.

and there will likely even be new ones as time goes on, and people are encouraged to play more.

Ok, thanks.  I got my C8, it looks and works great!!!.

At first I was researching on setting it up as a standalone, but I will wait for Duane to restore all the services before I decide what to do.

Go Chumby!!!

chumfg83

Just found the Chumby.com site and was looking around. My Chumby 1 is still next to my desk unused.  It worked but I made sure it was updated--not sure when the last update was done.  Now I'm looking around and find the Music! Yea! That is progress--Thanks.
I gave my dad and brother each a Chumby for X-mas a year ago (?), or two.  Can't wait to tell them they will work again.

My favorite weird widget was the global security cameras. I like to keep tabs on the world.

seeing the chumbies come back to life nearly brings tears to my eyes...  well, actually, it does bring tears to my eyes.

I love those lil guys.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.