Topic: hardware hacking seminar on the chumby

I was asked by the Toorcon 2006 organizers to plug a hardware hacking seminar that will happen on October 2nd at Toorcon in San Diego, CA, where Ken and I will teach people how to hack a chumby:

http://www.bunniestudios.com/wordpress/?p=120

For the price of the toorcon workshop admission, you get a chumby to keep plus some extra fun stuff. There are a limited number of slots available and this may be the only way you will be able to get your hands on one until we ship in volume in late Q107...for better or for worse!

7BAA 2E53 01C1 DCFF 497B  E7F0 9699 A303 78F0 D9B9

Re: hardware hacking seminar on the chumby

Hey b...

As I might just have a little trouble popping over to San Diego for the workshop, minor scheduling clash smile ....any chance of posting a video/instructions/anything useful that comes out of this day? A video of the workshop would be fantastic, if you could do it.

Angie

3 (edited by awalton 2006-08-31 15:55:24)

Oh man.. Good News, Bad News... I could actually afford it ($410 for the ticket and 2 night hotel stay, $900 for the seminiar). But, going would.. well.. kill my budget for next semester.

Decisions, decisions. Insanely tough.

Why can't I just pay the premium for a Chumby sad

[I guess that's what I get for living in Kentucky, haha]

bunnie:
Is there any way you guys could make a live video cast of the seminar? I'm from Costa Rica, and well... it's kinda hard for me to get there... tongue

Im here in San Diego. Where are you guys located!!! I need to stop by sometime. I can't get into toorcon, and I definetly can't pay that workshop fee. Can you guys have a session/meetup at a hotel or something ^_^ or even better at chumby hq.

~Ryan~

Since it's mainly hands on rather than presentation I guess the video could be a bit of a hard ask, unless bunnie feels like strapping on a HUD with a camera and giving us a nauseating, Blair Witch style experience. Anything you care to share would be good though...

Lots and lots o' pictures, and chumbies! And then after that a fan party! w00!

~Ryan~