Topic: My Chumby Stopped Working ;~(((

My Chumby Classic, has stopped working. Blue circles but nothing after that. Have tried reboot by pushing the button on the back, have used the USB to try & find the restart the Device (can't get there) btw it only starts up at all w/the battery inside although it hasn't worked on the battery for a year. This is Chumby # 2 & I loved having it. Is it Dead? Hope not. Any ideas????

Sad bout Little Chum in NYC,
Shane

Re: My Chumby Stopped Working ;~(((

Did you try a factory reset?

Power off.
While touching the screen, turn your chumby back on.
A message appears, telling you to continue to hold if you want to get to the Special Options. Continue to hold -- it takes a while.
When you finally reach Special Options, release your finger.
Select Restore Factory Settings.
Confirm OK.

thanks for the reply. I did that SAYS loading Special Options but screen just goes black afterThe Special Options should start.

thanks for the reply. I did that SAYS loading Special Options but screen just goes black afterThe Special Options should start.

I needed to load special options, restore to factory on my 'new' Chumby8 found in a closet.

It took amost 8 minutes to do the factory default load, then a reboot to a black screen and then 4 or 5 more minutes before it showed the octo guy

I'll try again. If it doesn't work any chance anyone has an old one I can buy? I miss my Chumby as I was badly injured several year ago & spend a lot of time w/ him close by. Thank you guys for helping me. I am grateful.   
? ? ?*?.•´*
(¯`?´¯)*.-..-. ?
.*•..¸..•*.*`•.•´
? ? ??.•´*??????•?

Held down black screen for 10 minutes, still nothing :~((

Funny thing is it will only try to turn on with the battery in, if I take the battery out it won't even try to start. Any ideas?

Sounds like a bad power supply.

Anything I can do to get another one? I love my Chumby & really miss it. I was going to try & open it up, not that I'd know what i'm looking for. but hey I'm a 60 year old lady with the guts to try & fix something that has brought me so much enjoyment ;~)))

This is a classic (aka "squishy") Chumby, right, *not* a Chumby One?  I'll see what I can find.

No, it's Chumby One ~ actually my second one cause I loved the 1st so much & missed it when it stopped working. I loce mt Chumby <3

OK - the quickest way to get this problem fixed is to get this power supply.

You *might* be able to get it cheaper here (caveat emptor).

There's no reason to open up the device itself, since there's nothing wrong with it.

I have a Universal power supply but don't know what setting to choose so I have never used it

If you have a universal supply with the correct connector, you'd set it to 5VDC, center positive.

I have a Universal power supply but don't know what setting to choose so I have never used it. It's a Jwin C-52 the older version, not the egg. You have to choose Volt Change sw. It's numbered 12 - 9 -  7.5 -  6 -  4.5 - 3 - 1.5  I don't know what setting  to choose.

No 5 setting. Then there is another button Polarity + - or Polarity - + don't know what to choose there either. Any ideas?

It there's a circle around one of them, it should be around the "+".

Is the supply rated for 2 amps (2000 mA)?

It says:Input  AC 110/220V  Output DC  12V - 9V -  7.5V -  6V -  4.5V - 3V - 1.5V  ( the volt change sw is a switch on the boottom) Current DC 500mA Max  . Then I have to choose to move the other button to  Polatiry + -   or   - + both of the Polarities are encircled for both = & - signs

http://207.150.192.69:8080/upload/produ … ctions.pdf

I've got the + - figured out but now I need to choose one of the settings for the volt change sw

OK, 500 mA is not going to be nearly enough, plus it sounds like you don't have the option of the correct voltage anyway.

I recommend the supply I linked in the earlier post.

Will do. Should I just toss the other, I'venever used it

I gotta say this again, I <3 My Chumby! It's a Great Product that has brought me lots of joy & I would buy it again!  Thank you so much for incredible customer service. Duane U Rock!

Got it delivered for $11.90 I am so grateful for your help Duane. I'll keep you posted & see if this solves the problem ;~)  Thanks a million ~ Shane the Grateful ( who wants another Chumby because they R Great Fun)

Duane,
Got the new power supply. Unfortunately it doesn't even turn it on at all. The old power supply tries but can't load the special options. I think I'm stuck. I miss mynChumby:~}