Topic: Infocast 8" refurbished units $46.96

Thought I would let everyone know that Tech for Less has the Infocast 8" ranging in price from $33.19 for scratch and dent to $52.63 for "like new". The bonus is that it includes free shipping.

I have just ordered a refurbed unit. I have purchased 3 of the 3.5" units but have 4 because one was DOA which they promptly  replaced and let me keep the bad one. It was easily repaired.

Here is the info

http://www.techforless.com/cgi-bin/tech … d=7QWK5IJX

I do not work for them or receive any credit for your purchases.

Re: Infocast 8" refurbished units $46.96

Looks like my other reply got deleted, I didn't think I really said anything nasty but oh well. Just wanted to say thanks infocastme for the reply, I didn't realize that their actual website did offer shipping to Canada. I had contacted them through the Amazon storefront about the shipping and they replied saying they couldn't ship to Canada via their Amazon Storefront, I guess it was probably against the rules for them to tell me they had a standalone site.

I also didn't realize your post was about the 8" infocasts, think I might try to get one if shipping doesn't double the price.

Thanks!

Your reply wasn't deleted, you simply replied to the other post.  Infocastme used bad forum etiquette and double posted.

This post, as well as here (which contains the reply you're referencing):
http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=8164

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

Materdaddy wrote:

Infocastme used bad forum etiquette and double posted.

I apologize if it was incorrect etiquette to double post. I wanted to make sure "everyone" was aware of the product availability who might not check out this post due to it being in the Infocast section and vice versa.

infocastme wrote:
Materdaddy wrote:

Infocastme used bad forum etiquette and double posted.

I apologize if it was incorrect etiquette to double post. I wanted to make sure "everyone" was aware of the product availability who might not check out this post due to it being in the Infocast section and vice versa.

I'm not a moderator on these forums, but typically double posting is frowned upon.  If I'm the only person that said anything, I wouldn't worry about it. tongue

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

In general, we prefer that people not double-post, since it causes confusion when others are trying to find information that may be on one thread but not another, as evidenced by this thread.  Technically, double-posting is not consistent with the Forum Rules listed in the top section.

However, we're not strict about it.  Occasionally, I've quietly removed double-posts from the less relevant section.

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up. I was hoping I hadn't pissed off any admins with my rant on Amazon storefronts not shipping to Canada smile