Topic: Chumby Wifi Sniffer

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of this sniffer.zip file that Bunnie mentioned?

http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=234

The link is dead: http://files.chumby.com/bunnie/sniffer.zip

Re: Chumby Wifi Sniffer

I've checked the entire server - that file is nowhere to be found.  He must have taken it down for some reason.

Your best bet is to contact bunnie directly.

Duane wrote:

I've checked the entire server - that file is nowhere to be found.  He must have taken it down for some reason.

Your best bet is to contact bunnie directly.

Thanks for checking, appreciate your efforts.  smile

cb4, if you get a response from Bunnie, please post a reply here.  I'm interested in this as well.

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

I tweeted him a few weeks ago but no response.  Not sure how to contact him otherwise.

From the interview with him that I read a few days ago it sounds like he might be hard to get a response from for some time, meaning months or maybe even longer.  I'm not saying don't try, but don't be too surprised/disappointed/frustrated if he doesn't answer.

Yo -

I actually have the sniffer directly from Bunnie.   He hooked me up via email a few weeks ago.

It's compiled for the CC's older kernels.. didn't work off the bat on my C1 and I'd started to dig into recompiling it, but other projects got in the way, so it's kinda on hold.

It's a few binaries that need to be recompiled, then Bunnie's scripts + SWF file for display.

Shoot me a message if you'd like, I'll just forward his email (w/ the attachment) to you.

If the sniffer can be updated to work with the new kernel, what are the odds of the new software being made available to the rest of us?

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

Not sure when I'll get more time to play, but if I get around to recompiling on newer kernel/code, I'll post it somewhere...

Guessing someone might beat me to it..  hopefully they share!