Topic: Delivery time in the US?

Although I live in Europe, I'm strongly tempted to buy a Chumby (also with the current exchange rates, it's really cheap for us Europeans). I could do this through a friend in the US and since I have another friend going to the US shortly, he could bring in back. However, for that it's important to know the approximate delivery time in the US.

So all of you Chumby owners in the US, how long time did it take from when you ordered your Chumby via the 'insider' mail offer to when you had the device in your hands?

Has anyone in Europe had any problems with registration etc. because of their geographic location? I understand from the forum that voltage won't be a problem (it also runs on 230V), and an adaptor should easily solve the problem with the US plug.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Re: Delivery time in the US?

I'm in the same situation, but a step ahead of you smile

My chumby is already ordered and on the way. Order-time was Nov. 6 at 4:00 AM (UTC+1) and according to UPS it will reach its destination in the US on 11/13/2007. If it's in time, the device will reach me in Austria next Friday morning and will have traveled about 20.000km smile

I think it will be one of the first chumbies that reaches Austria. I hope the voltage-topic really solvable with a simple adapter.

Thanks Christian, that means a delivery time of just one week. What colour did you order?

Another question for the company behind Chumby:

What's the official Chumby company policy on European users? I realise you can't exactly encourage us to bypass the sales policy this way, but is there any risk we are going to get bricked (for example through IP address)? Would you downright discourage us from buying a Chumby through US contacts?

Delivery time seems to be 6 business days. My chumby has still about 600km to go, so I think it is right on schedule. (I ordered the latte chumby, but I guess all chumbies travel at the same speed wink .)

An I don't see a problem by ordering a chumby through a friend in US, as long as he doesn't buy allot of them and tries to make money with them.

Christian wrote:

I'm in the same situation, but a step ahead of you smile

My chumby is already ordered and on the way. Order-time was Nov. 6 at 4:00 AM (UTC+1) and according to UPS it will reach its destination in the US on 11/13/2007. If it's in time, the device will reach me in Austria next Friday morning and will have traveled about 20.000km smile

I think it will be one of the first chumbies that reaches Austria. I hope the voltage-topic really solvable with a simple adapter.

Ah, tomorrow.  Mine should be here as well!

Hi arrak!

My chumby just arrived at its destination-point in the US.

ordered: Nov. 6 at 4:00 (UTC+1)
delivered: Nov. 13 at 19:00 (UTC+1)

That makes 8 days delevery time including one weekend, which means 6 businessdays.

hope that helps!
Christian

Thanks a lot, Christian.

Unfortunately, I just discovered that Chumby doesn't even allow the billing address to be outside the US, which means I can't buy the device. Too bad they don't accept VISAs from outside the US. I feel it's too great a favour to ask to get my friend to pay for me, so I'll just have to wait in line with everybody else here in the EU.

Hope you'll have a lot of fun with your Chumpy, though!

I know the problem with the billing address, but it shouldn't be a problem to ask a friend to pay it. You can pay him in advance if he doesn't trust you that far.