Topic: Does ChumbyCore::GetFileContents work?

I'm writing an app to be run off a USB stick (well, actually /mnt/storage -- but that's extra complication) on a C8, and would very much like to have some data persistence.  Hence, I've been using ChumbyCore in an attempt to read and write files.

The writing goes just fine -- ChumbyCore::SetFileContents works like a champ, creating the file when needed, overwriting it otherwise, and just generally doing the right thing.

But the reading doesn't work at all!  This code . . .

// Check that file exists
            if(! cc.FileExists(fileName)) return;            
            trace("Loading '" + fileName + "': verified file exists.");

// Check that we can access it by reading the size
            var size:int = cc.GetFileSize(fileName);
            trace("File size: " + size);

var xml:String = cc.GetFileContents(fileName, 10000);    

if(xml == null) {
                trace("Results null.");
            } else {
                    . . . 
            }

. . . produces this output:

2011-12-31 12:23:22 TRACE: Loading '/mnt/storage/sync/options.xml': verified file exists.
2011-12-31 12:23:22 TRACE: File size: 1929
2011-12-31 12:23:22 TRACE: Results null.

I've read that the maxBytes value isn't really optional, so I've tried fiddling with that -- leaving it off, making it zero, making it a very big number, to no avail.  I know the file's there; it can read the size (and plus, ls tells me so wink ).  And I don't think it's a permissions issue, since the program created the file in the first place.  Google's no help, and I'm not sure what's going on.   No matter what I do, the file contents come back null!

Given the general lack of information available on ChumbyCore, I can't help but wonder . . . is there some secret handshake I'm missing that makes this function actually read a file?  Or does GetFileContents not work at all?

Re: Does ChumbyCore::GetFileContents work?

Unfortunately, GetFileContents() has never worked correctly afaik.  Any existing ChumbyCore documentation, including known bugs, is here.

Re: Does ChumbyCore::GetFileContents work?

Actually, I think it's working in a newer version of the firmware - I show it working properly on one of my units running firmware 1.0.4049 for Falconwing.   I'll see if we can get something newer released.