Topic: Beta chumby classic firmware with Flash Lite 4 released!

chumby classic version 1.7.3 firmware has been released as a public beta.

The chumby classic beta firmware can be downloaded here.

To install the beta firmware, follow the Updating with a USB flash drive instructions, but substitute the link in step #1 with the firmware link above.

Please leave feedback regarding the beta firmware or beta control panel in this topic.

beta ironforge firmware 1.7.3 release notes:
  • Added support for Actionscript 3 via Flash Lite 4.0

• Added WMA support to media player (usable via My Streams - select MP3 and enter WMA URL)

Re: Beta chumby classic firmware with Flash Lite 4 released!

Hi, I stumbled upon this beta, with WMA support, but I'm unable to install it. I tried 6 different USB drives, but the result is always the same: my chumby is stuck in the "Loading special options" page, with colored circles. The USB drives are recognized by the chumby, I can load mp3 files and play them from "My Music Files"

My chumby info is:
HW: 3.8 SW: 1.7.2 FW: 1830

I  downloaded twice the update.zip file, just in case. I performed the unzip command on Linux (ubuntu 11.10).
What is really strange is that the same behaviour happens also without the USB drive:when I press the screen during the startup phase, I always see the "Loading special options"

Am I doing something wrong? thanks

3 (edited by pdemedina 2012-03-24 10:00:26)

Re: Beta chumby classic firmware with Flash Lite 4 released!

Are there any plans to update the stable version with the enhacements of  the beta version? when?