Topic: Any chance of getting Chumbylite IndexCharts app fixed?

http://www.chumby.com/guide/widget/Chum … rts%20Lite

This displays a black screen with buttons that don't do anything for the past week.

I've reported this on the app comments, but all I heard is that the developer is out of the country and unable to fix it.

Any chance of getting this to work again?

I'm using an INFOCAST 8" with Chumby 8 firmware, btw.

Re: Any chance of getting Chumbylite IndexCharts app fixed?

Well, unfortunately, there's nothing we can do as Chumby.

It's not our app, we don't have the source code, and we don't have any information about any web services that it might be using.

Well, then, how about deleting it from the catalog if it no longer works?  It's a pity because it seems to be the only app which displays the US Stock market in chart form.  Kind of handy to have it around and there's no alternative.

I could never understand why there isn't an official Chumby app for something so basic and newsworthy as this (since this is a feedback forum, let me feed that back to you!).

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I'll just chuck it from my channels if there is truly no further support for it.

When an app stops working, the first thing we do is contact the developer to see if they can address the problem.  We take down apps only as a last resort, since the data outages are often temporary.  We'll keep an eye on this one.