Topic: Set music duration under Chumby 8

I just started using my Chumby under the new version 8 software and I can't figure out how to set the music source to turn off after an interval of time like in earlier software versions.  I used this for listening to music and podcasts at bedtime she I wanted the sound off after some time interval since I fall asleep pretty quick.  Can this be done in the new Chumby?

Re: Set music duration under Chumby 8

I think you're talking about the "Sleep Timer" found in the Chumby 3.5" (Chumby One, Chumby Classic) devices.

Currently, the C8 does not have that functionality.

3 (edited by slewis7 2011-11-07 17:20:58)

Yes, that function.  Are there any plans to restore that capability?

I expected that a sleep timer would come standard, especially on a "bedside internet radio player".  I might end up returning my second device if this isn't added as a feature. 

Also is there a way to quickly go into night mode (on demand) without setting a new task/alarm?

Thanks

"Also is there a way to quickly go into night mode (on demand) without setting a new task/alarm?"
For instance, when I wake up to turn off my internet radio, since there is no sleep function, and want to turn the Chumby back into night mode while half asleep.  I've just been unplugging it at that point...