Topic: Still see lots of DHCP/Wireless errors on Insignia/Chumby 8 Software

At least one a day, sometimes more.

I get the message that the box needs to connect to a network.

I say use the current settings, it 'seems' to connect, screen goes blank and just sits there

I power down/up the chumby, works fine.

Now, I have a Chumby One and and old Chumby Classic, both in same room, both on same wireless, and they NEVER disconnect.

Something is still very wrong in the Chumby 8 software

Re: Still see lots of DHCP/Wireless errors on Insignia/Chumby 8 Software

This was a known issue and has since been repaired in control panel version 5.0.30.  Please check which version of control panel you have installed.  This was an OTA update so your device should have this.  Looking at your account I notice your device does have the current chumby 8 software: 1.8.2

- chumby support

philhu,
  I apologize, this has actually been fixed in the next release of our control panel. Hopefully we should be releasing it soon.

-chumby ross

Great

I'll watch for it!

I should mention that when this happens, most of the time my alarms are silent and most/all widgets sit at loading and never display information, like NOAA weather or stocks.

Could this problem be memory related or something like that?

A reboot seems to always fix it, so it isn't a network problem.  I'd think network, but the alarms are silent too.  They come up with the alarm screen, just no sound.  I use built-in sounds, like klaxon or rooster.  If I try a network radio station, they also, are silent when this occurs.

Thanks

Philhu,

This is another of the fixes in the next control panel. After losing network connection, the chumby was forgetting to poll for some of the updates from the apps as this service was not being reset properly when the device reconnected.

-chumbyross

7 (edited by philhu 2011-12-21 08:54:21)

Has this been fixed yet?  I am on Control panel 5.0.34

I still see dhcp errors, 3 times a day.  I see the white box with a 'retry' button.

If I attempt reconnect, it asks to use same info, and usually fails.

If I take the time to re-setup the connection, it works, for a few hours.

My DHCP is set to 1day TTL, so why does it keep dying like it does?

I've also tried to use static addressing, and that does not work at all, just hangs.

I am a network engineer by profession, so I know what the settings should be for it all.

Phil