Topic: Charm SOS

I'm having the hardest time getting the charms to hang off the side of my chumby - any suggestions on how to make it stick?

bethgo

http://bethgo.com/2007/10/23/celebratin … al-chumby/

Re: Charm SOS

Hi bethgo... I just kept working at it. It's a little easier if you can stick the hard plastic backing that came in the little "charm booklet" under the charm button... It is thinner than a fingernail, so it's easier to get the charm on to the TEENY gap between the leather and the button. The other thing I did was try to stick on all three charms at once... Doing one at a time was an exercise in frustration. But all three, with the hard plastic backing, made things a bit easier.

I also kept my chumby turned off while I put the charms on... I don't know as having it on while wrestling it would be particularly dangerous, but it was skeeving me out, and made me feel  like I could be a little "rougher" with the Chumby.

shoe

Just pull the charm string through the middle of the ring on the chumby, open up the string on the other side and pass the charm through it, voila, chumby is locked in place. No tedious fingernail work required. And no chance of the charm falling off either.

The First 50 chumbys have a different attachment than the Insider chumbys.

After several tries involving the plastic card provided in the charm package an then a swiss army knife, I surrender on the operation "attach a charm on your chumby". :-)

The button is simply to tightly attached to the leather !

same here

I couldn't get the charms on, either.  The "button" has no space between it and the leather. 
Maybe this will be fixed by a software patch.  Heh.

sirjaguar wrote:

This one might require a Linux kernel update;)

Seriously though, I had no problem putting the charms on my Chumby when I first got it, but I took them off a few days ago, and now I can't get them back on. I'm afraid I will rip the shell if I try harder.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Ganson wrote:
sirjaguar wrote:

This one might require a Linux kernel update;)

Seriously though, I had no problem putting the charms on my Chumby when I first got it, but I took them off a few days ago, and now I can't get them back on. I'm afraid I will rip the shell if I try harder.

You pretty much have to be VERY careful and use a VERY thin object to get some "play" between the button and the leather.  I was afraid of tearing also.  Try pinching the button between the thumb and forefinger of one hand (this  makes a short fake "neck" for the button" and seeing if you can get the string over the button that way.  BE GENTLE AND PATIENT.  It eventually worked for me.

i just held the charm-cord taught and worked it back and forth a bit. like flossing.