Topic: App review / Request use of Chumby.com email

I recently submitted a private RSS news app which sends an email of a link to the article.  I checked the "Request ability to send email from this app" checkbox, and while I understand review is required and this takes time, am not receiving emails yet.  Do I get an email when review is complete and send email is active?  I just want to be sure it wasn't reviewed, activated, and the function is not working.

Couple of other questions:
Would it be helpful for the reviewer to have a copy of the .fla file?  To what address would I email it?
Is there a character length limitation on the size of a chumby.com sent widget email?

Thanks,

Re: App review / Request use of Chumby.com email

Ah, we don't get alerted about apps requesting email ability if the app is Private - only when Public.  We'll think about this.
Your app should now have email ability.

You don't need to send your .fla unless requested to do so.  You could always upload it somewhere and mention that in your app description if you so desire.

Offhand I'm not sure about email character limits but let us know if you encounter any problems.

I understand why the private upload isn't alerted.  My purpose was to test the email function before setting the app public. 

I copied the email example code from the wiki page, but it's not working correctly.  I think it's a malformed xml issue, because in debug even the sample code's emailXML.loaded is undefined.  I'll keep working at it.

If I resubmit the widget by editing the item on the "view your submitted apps" page, will you need to reactivate the email?

Thanks,

Your app has email privileges permanently.  You will need to test your app from the device in order to fully test the email functionality - be sure to upload your test app and then run it from a channel.