Topic: Playing music files on 8" Infocast

I have a collection of MP3s I wanted to play on my Infocast. However, after the USB drive was plugged in, it recognises that all the MP3 files exist (stating the number of songs), but only list some of the songs in the playlist. At first, I thought I had too much in a directory, so I put the songs in multiple folders, starting with two folders with MP3s. That displayed more songs in my playlist, but still not all. I then divided them again, but then it took a lot of songs off the available playlist. I divided again, and got more songs, but divided once more, and got less.

Is there anyway to force it to display ALL the songs?

Re: Playing music files on 8" Infocast

I've moved all the songs to the root directory; however, it still recognises the total number of songs (1265), but not all the songs appear in the playlist (only 845 of them).

Any advice?

Update -- for kicks, I've inserted my MP3 player into the Infocast; the player had its songs divvied up into several folders -- and the playlist listed 1059 songs out of 1088 available, so I think the problem may be the flash drive, where out of several attempts listed at most 845 songs and at minimum 181 songs out of 1265.

Now I used an 8GB SDHC card -- only 844 songs out of 1265 available for play. Used both the card slot and USB reader.

Any suggestions?

Are the same files always missing, or do different files go missing depending on which are included in the folder?

The situation depends on how they are kept -- I tried putting all music files in a single directory; only 845 out of 1265 songs show. Same results if they were put in the root directory.

I also tried divving them up into smaller directories. Results widely varied -- at one point I had about 900 songs show; another point about 500 songs. One point, I had about 30 separate directories, and when "play all" was selected, only 161 files showed.

I later tried with my songs on an SD HC memory card instead of a flash drive, with the music files in a single directory -- 844 out of 1265.

Can you try to find the smallest set of songs that exhibit the problem? 1265 is too many to give you any good hints as to what could be wrong. If you could find a setup such that there are, say, 10 songs on your card but 9 or fewer songs show, that would be easier to troubleshoot.

If you can get it reduced to a small enough set, look at which songs are missing. Do those songs have some sort of corrupt data or corrupt ID3 tag information? Does the listing skip the bad songs, or does it not list any songs after the missing ones? Add or subtract a few songs. How does this change which songs are available?