Topic: Epicurious app on the Infocast

Hi all,

Newbie to the forum here. Got the 8" Infocast for my wife, intending it for her office. She likes it, but for her the killer app would be to have it as a kitchen device --which only makes sense if she can run a good recipe app on the device, her favorite being Epicurious. I think that app comes pre-loaded on the Sony Dash, but it doesn't seem to be available on the Infocast.

Is there any way to port it over? Obviously the app runs on the Chumby platform, and this port should not run into the same kind of DRM-type problems that exist with Netflix.

Apologies if this is a stupid question --I did a quick search & didn't return any answers. Thanks for any help!

Re: Epicurious app on the Infocast

Sony Dash has an Epicurious app?? I second the request to make it available on the 8" infocast!

This is a Sony-exclusive widget - they developed it specifically for their device.

Someone would have to independently implement that widget to make it available for other devices.

Duane --thanks for the response. Unfortunate, but makes sense. It does beg the question, though: whom would we need to lobby to make this happen on the Infocast? Epicurious? Chumby? Insignia/ Best Buy? What kind of a popular groundswell does it typically take to get an app like that added to the lineup?

Epicurious seems like a complete no-brainer for this device --which is no doubt why Sony included it in the Dash out of the box...