Topic: Where can I find the microsd image file for infocast 8"?

I turn off the demo that come up every time when I turn on the unit. And now my system just stuck at "Downloading control panel, please wait" page. Is it a way to return the unit back to the factory setting or where can I find the image to re-write internal microsd card?

Re: Where can I find the microsd image file for infocast 8"?

For some reason, my infocast 8" be able to get pass "Downloading control panel, please wait" page this morning while it won't last night, no matter what I do. So probably it is internet problem not file system problem.

I too would like an image file I can "dd" or something.  My infocast 8" is fine but I'd feel safer if i knew a bad update flash or me doing something stupid to the root partition would not screw me over.  I should probably post the request in the Insignia forum but I imagine getting funny looks there.  I guess if it bothers me too much, might restore factory defaults and make an image of the card.

btw.. picked up infocast 8" and 2x infocast 3.5" to go along with my Chumby One.. its like a family of them.

I was just about to post something to this effect. I bought an extra Microsd to play around with to keep the original firmware but I accidentally wrote over it!! I was still iffy about whether I wanted to return it or not but it seems like Openembedded is doing ok, so it's unlikely that I will need it...However if I do ever need to sell it or return it or for some reason just want the standard features...it would be nice hmm

The latest update is not an "image", but does appear to contain the full official contents of the root and psp file systems. Available as a zip file at help_infocast_8_software_update.

Contents

bash-3.1$ unzip -l update.zip
Archive:  update.zip
  Length      Date    Time    Name
---------  ---------- -----   ----
    10631  12-09-2010 14:45   updater.sh
       90  12-09-2010 14:45   metadata
  2078040  12-09-2010 14:45   krn
 53732032  12-09-2010 14:42   rfs.tar.gz
     5114  12-09-2010 14:41   psp.tar.gz
   119004  12-09-2010 14:05   u-boot.bin
---------                     -------