Topic: Info Page locks up Chumby

I've tried this over 50 times in the last few weeks, to no avail.

I can never have a USB dongle plugged in, be connected to the 'net, and see the info page. I have a Katamari chumby.
I need to view it so that I can enable SSH. debugchumby doesn't work for me, and yes, I generated it on a linux box, and gave it permissions (although I don't think FAT incorporates them...)
I need the dongle in order to transfer files (scp's on there).

So basically, I can SSH without scp or any files, or I can have scp/files, but no SSH due to debugchumby not working, and the info page locking up.

Re: Info Page locks up Chumby

Does the info page work without the USB dongle plugged in?

If so, could you copy/paste the contents of your debugchumby file?

What is the brand/model of the USB dongle?

Did this ever work for you, or did this suddenly start happening?

I think, surprisingly, I figured it out. I have it at a spot where moving it just a foot or so determines if it can connect or not.

I think its a difference between the 2 WiFi cards, because my old chumby worked fine,  and this one works fine as long as it is close to the signal.

So the problem, I guess, was it doesn't let you see the info page if it thinks its connected, but is just out of reach.

Yes, the info page collects current network information to display, so the network needs to be available.

This is treated a little differently in the Ironforge units.

Bummed.  Chumby arrived today.  Just hangs.  Tried a USB drive with nothing on it.  Still hangs.  sad

Contacted support.

Finally got it to reset and restart.