Topic: RTMP Streaming (video)

I know this question has been asked before, but it seems that with an influx of new devices and software updates, I'd like to know if any of these devices are capable of RTMP streaming of video.

I have control over the streaming server and content, so I can dictate the codecs and essentially customize the stream so that it is compatible with the Chumby, if there is in fact a Chumby device which can do this.

I'm also aware of the MPlayer port, although I'm uncertain where it may now be downloaded.

Thank you,
Eric Windisch

Re: RTMP Streaming (video)

ewindisch wrote:

I know this question has been asked before, but it seems that with an influx of new devices and software updates, I'd like to know if any of these devices are capable of RTMP streaming of video.

I have control over the streaming server and content, so I can dictate the codecs and essentially customize the stream so that it is compatible with the Chumby, if there is in fact a Chumby device which can do this.

I'm also aware of the MPlayer port, although I'm uncertain where it may now be downloaded.

Thank you,
Eric Windisch

It should work. There are RTMP streams out there that work with FlashLite. I tested a few on my Nokia Smartphone which has FlashLite too.

The question is how/who will develop an app for Live TV? I hope to see an app where we can enter our RTMP URL, just like we enter the Live Radio URL in the Internet Radio Streamer.