Topic: Activation question on infocast

I purchased the infocast and went thru the set up procedure. When asked to activate I skipped it to do it later. Now, I found out not all the apps will not work until I activate. How do I get the infocast to the activation screen.  I went to the insigna website but it did not help. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Activation question on infocast

Just reboot it it - it will ask again.

HI Duane,
Thanks for the quick response... but sorry to say, I have done your suggestion at least three times.. the message will not pop up.  I returned it for a Sony Dash. I contacted the best buy help staff... told me to go to the insigna infocst web page.
a fyi- I went to the special options screen, it reset everything, followed on screen instructions, finding the network, blah blah
blah. I fooled around with it for a week. I thought I was tech savvy, apparently  not

Sorry it didn't work out.

To help anyone solve this in the future. I bought a openbox infocast yesterday that had already been registered by someone else. Go into the special options menu by turning off the device, touching the screen, and turning it back on. There will now be an option to restore defaults and to deactivate the device with chumby. I had to deactivate the device to be able to link it to my account.

mehuman wrote:

To help anyone solve this in the future. I bought a openbox infocast yesterday that had already been registered by someone else. Go into the special options menu by turning off the device, touching the screen, and turning it back on. There will now be an option to restore defaults and to deactivate the device with chumby. I had to deactivate the device to be able to link it to my account.

Thanks for the tip.  I purchased a "new" Infocast today from Best Buy which was linked to someone's account.  It even still had his Facebook app on it.

They never told me it was a return.  Isn't that illegal?

Thank you MEHUMAN..this really helped me out, I had the same issue with my media cast.

8 (edited by aldebaran 2011-02-01 04:38:14)

Rogee wrote:

Thanks for the tip.  I purchased a "new" Infocast today from Best Buy which was linked to someone's account.  It even still had his Facebook app on it.

They never told me it was a return.  Isn't that illegal?

Same thing happened to me this weekend. I called up the store but couldn't get anyone to pick up the phone, so I called up Best Buy online and spoke to a customer service rep and got credited $75.
Essentially bought an open boxed Infocast for $25 plus tax.

9 (edited by yamhill 2011-12-02 10:27:18)

mehuman wrote:

I bought a used infocast on ebay.  I went through this process but wasn't presented with a "deactivate" option.  I did have the option to restore defaults, and I did that, but the infocast still has the previous users pandora settings.  I can't activate it and I can't deactivate it ... and at 36 hours now I haven't gotten response from the chumby support email form.

Update:  I just got a bounce from the form email to neil@chumby.com.   Is there another contact person for this?

Send me an email through the forum interface with the ID of the device and the user to whom it is currently registered and I'll see what I can do.

Note that Insignia is the company that is supposed to support this product, not Chumby.  We don't manufacture it, we only make a small royalty, not enough to cover first-tier customer support.