Topic: usb mp3 files should start where they left off

When most music players are turned off, the player holds the spot in the song that it was playing when it was turned off.  When you come back to it, it is in the same spot as when you left off.  The chumby starts over with the first song.  I have some large mp3 files including audio books that I would like to come back to the same spot but the chumby starts them over.  Could this be changed?

Re: usb mp3 files should start where they left off

Not easily, but we'll look into it - the music player we're using doesn't seem to have an option to start playback of a file in the middle.

I agree. The MP3 "Player" needs some updating. Showing the File Info would be nice too.

Madefl wrote:

I agree. The MP3 "Player" needs some updating. Showing the File Info would be nice too.

Fast-forward and rewind is a must!

Agreed especially the pause / resume. Fast forward and rewind would be nice too. Especially these would be nice to be running in the background, so they can be controlled through a web interface, etc.

6 (edited by Thomas_Lerman 2011-02-24 21:34:06)

I found that I can interact with the playing, play/stop/pause/resume, through a web interface especially well with local mp3 files. Pause/resume does not work so well when the files are not local. Is there a way to play a pls or m3u through the use of commands read in through btplay?