Topic: Okay, I'm sold. How do I get one?

Awright, folks. This is the review editor for gamedev.net here. I've seen this gizmo on a dozen techno-blogs over the past couple of days, and I'm sold. Apart from the GP32, there really aren't any small and interesting platforms out there. At least none that are open for hacking.

And, unlike the GP32, this one supports Flash. Which is cool because I have about a dozen Flash puzzle-games that'd work well on a platform like this. The existing FL2 platforms (i.e. phones) would work with my stuff, but FL2 phones are scarce in the US. Also, most don't support any kind of stylus input, so any games would require pretty heavy modification to get 'em working.

Also, my wife is one of those people who's obsessed with knitting. As soon as she sees this thing, she'll need to knit it a body smile

My question is this. Since they won't be appearing in stores for a while, what's the quickest and easiest way to get one of these things to my mailbox?

I heard mumbles of a developer program in one of the blogs, but a developer program without a way to get prerelease hardware isn't worth much, especially given that Flash 8 Pro should already have the infrastructure necessary to develop and test for it.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Okay, I'm sold. How do I get one?

Everyone here wants one! So make some good software and show it off, I think that would be a good ticket to getting a prototype. I want one too!

I want me a chumby!

~Ryan~