Topic: Alpha Prototype

Does anyone know if there is a firmware for the Alpha Prototype that will bring it up to Flash 3.0?
Can I exchange my alpha device for a final?

Thanks!
C

Re: Alpha Prototype

There will never be a firmware update for the alpha prototype chumbys.

I don't believe that we have an exchange program (they were free after all), but you should contact Support to make sure.

If you are looking to get rid of your alpha Chumby, you might want to see if anyone on the forum would be interested in purchasing the unit from you. Oh, and out of curiosity, is it a Foo or a Katamari?

The prototype chumby devices cannot be sold - they're uncertified.  They should be returned to us.

Maybe someday they'll be collectors' items, like the old "Apple I" in a handmade wooden box.  The suede should look pretty mangy by then but the screen falling out should provide real charm and show how far we've come.  Hey, I still use mine -- it can still show a bunch of widgets.

Steve Tomlin wrote:

Maybe someday they'll be collectors' items, like the old "Apple I" in a handmade wooden box.  The suede should look pretty mangy by then but the screen falling out should provide real charm and show how far we've come.  Hey, I still use mine -- it can still show a bunch of widgets.

yikes I dunno, Steve. In the future, when people will have the chumbys that will fly into the room when you call their name, my out-of-date, sit-in-one-place chumby, might be unwanted.

Duane wrote:

The prototype chumby devices cannot be sold - they're uncertified.  They should be returned to us.

What happens if we return them?  Do we get a production model in return?  Or are we just out an alpha chumby?