Topic: chumby.com control panel not in sync with chumby after firmware update

Just did the update.  Now up to HW 3.7  SW 1.4.0  FW 533.  Found a little widget glitch that happened with the update.

After a successful update via a flash drive and reconnecting to the wireless network, my chumby downloaded the channel data.  The default channel originally had 10 widgets before the update.  After the update, the chumby unit said the default channel had 11 widgets - the original 10 plus the "tips" widget.  The chumby.com control panel showed only ten.

So I figured that the tips widget was loaded with the firmware and therefore a reload of the default channel would clear everything up.  Nope - the "tips" widget was still there. 

On a hunch edited the channel on chumby.com, added another widget, then forced a reload on the chumby unit.  Everything cleared up at that point - the tips widget disappeared and the chumby unit configuration agreed with the chumby.com configuration.

A small glitch - but one that could make a less experienced person scratch their heads for awhile...

Re: chumby.com control panel not in sync with chumby after firmware update

...an update on this...

The "Chumby 101" tip mysteriously reappeared overnight in the default channel.  Again Chumby.com doesn't show it in the channel...

The "Chumby101" and other ad-based widgets will appear in your channels randomly. This is how Chumby Inc. plans on staying afloat financially. They do not show up on the web based virtual chumby. There have been many a discussion on these widgets, so search the forums if you want more info. I am surprised you have not noticed these before as they have been showing up for awhile now, not just due to the new firmware. Were you using the beta control panel before?

My personal take is that I do not mind them and Chumby does need to make money, or these little guys will be useless paper weights for most of us. My only wish is that I could opt out of the Chumby101 widgets that I have already seen or know about.

-HuckFinn

Sorry I literally received mine two days ago, so I'm definitely a newbie...