Topic: random (semi) freeze!!!! Please Help!!

Hello My chumby seems to have developed an issue.
Some times when I am setting up custom alarms the date set screen freezes and I wait a moment and the chumby seems to come to and resets itself.

Other times when I am inputting text into the search area in the shoutcast search window the chumby freezes  sometimes I have to press the button and sometimes it will reset on it's own.
This seems to happen on a fairly regular basis now it is becoming more and more frequent. a random resets also happen.
I have reset the chumby I have rebooted the chumby returning it to factory...None of these things seem to have any effect on this unwanted repeating behavior.
I am not a programmer and have not modified this unit in any way. I have never run anything but currently available widgets.
Can somebody please help me with this. It feels to me like I need to send it for repair. Not my first choice since it is in daily use and I like it. Sending it away for some unknown time would be a pain in the ass.
My hope is that there is some form of firmware reset or new version which will take care of this issue.
Thank you.
Yaesumofo

A Chumby in hand is worth 20 in the Wherehouse.

Re: random (semi) freeze!!!! Please Help!!

I also have this random crashes of the control panel. What helped in my case was to connect to the chumby using ssh and do a "stop_control_panel" and a "start_control_panel" and after that my chumby runs without problems for days until the next reboot.

@yaesumofo:

It appears that you're running the Beta Control Panel, so please be aware that when you run beta software, you're *very* likely to run into bugs.  Such bugs or problems should be reported in the beta software forums.

I think I am also having similiar issues. At first I thought it was just the Flickr widget, so I loaded all my photos onto photobucket just to have that widget lock up on me as well. I've also had a few other widgets act strange, as if the network connection is not working - but next widgets in the channel load/update fine. I am hoping that either a new Beta Control Panel or firmware update will help solve these isssues.

-HuckFinn