Topic: Timeout

I'm using the "music" section of the Beta control panel a lot.  A lot.  Which means I'm dinking around in the control panel.  A lot.

...and when I'm done, half the time it sits there doing nothing.  Not through any fault of Mr. Chumby, but because I don't back out of the screens.  I find the music I want and I sit back down (again, this would be less of a problem if it had a battery and streamed wirelessly to my Airport Express, but that's another can of worms). 

...which means, of course, that *if* you guys were attempting to stream me some of that magical mystical much-debated paid content that you keep threatening me with, I wouldn't be seeing it.  'cuz I'm in the control panel.

I think it would be beneficial to Chumby Industries (and I know it would be beneficial to me) if, after a couple minutes of inactivity, the Chumby reverted to the last channel played.

Seth

Slave to the Light, Inc.
Los Angeles & Seattle USA
www.slavetothelight.com

Re: Timeout

Ya know - really, if pressing "done" once brought you back to the stream, that'd do it, too.  As it is you have to click three times in three different places.

Slave to the Light, Inc.
Los Angeles & Seattle USA
www.slavetothelight.com

Re: Timeout

This should be a user configurable option if anything.  I like to leave it in the control panel - music esp - to see the currently play info.  Regardless, of why I wnt the control panel to remain visible - if I'm in control panel, then I'm in control panel, and that's where I intend to be.

Perhaps cleaning up the UI to make it quicker or simpler to get back to widgets view is in order.