Topic: Mashup: Combine the chumby with your ipod dock

Just a thought.. I have an ipod dock (this ones a clock too so that would be useless) next to my bed.. what about making a mashup of a simpler ipod dock and the chumby?  In other words, create a one stop station for your home with two of your most important devices! big_smile  All you have to do is figure out how to de-construct your ipod dock along and build a new case embedding both in them! 

And to answer the inevitable question about it being soft/hard.. you could do either!  think of an ipod soft-skinned dock with a chumby display!

Re: Mashup: Combine the chumby with your ipod dock

Does your dock have speakers? Or would you use chumby's? What kind of quality are chumby's speakers anyhow? Probably vastly superior to my crackly clock radio's I imagine...

The dock does have speakers.  They're small maybe 3 inchers only (max)  but they work well.  I imagine quite a bit larger than the chumby's.

Oh btw, its the iHome dock.  I wouldn't necessarily use it for that.. its my wife's anyway +  I don't even have an ipod of my own.. LOL.  I also meant a simpler dock without the clock and all b/c it wouldn't be needed, what, with the chumby attached..

all else fails, use the USB cord that comes with Ipods and glue a base onto the chumby with the part that attaches to the ipod sticking thru...

I's makes pretty pictures and comic books