Topic: USB music

I don't know if anyone else had the same issue...I have 6 folders on my thumbdrive. It only played 5 songs from a randomly selected folder and started to repeat the same over after it was done

Re: USB music

I think I cover this in the Release Notes - there's a firmware issue with file names.

3 (edited by muks 2007-12-23 20:42:31)

Just noticed that the music files are being played in reverse order within a folder (The filenames are simple). After playing a few files, playback stops. mp3 files encoded as 16kbps dont play at all.
Will this be addressed in the firmware update too?

The MP3 specification (MPEG-1 Layer III) does not include 16kps as a valid bit rate. Sounds like what you have there is a mislabeled MPEG-2 file. 

I think the next Control Panel beta should handle it though.

I'll look into the order issue.

Thanks, Duane.The same file plays as quick alarm (alarm1.mp3)! BTW, how do I set custom alarm from USB for the complex alarm setup?

Thanks.

I'm using the latest beta control panel (2.6.75) and can't get the custom alarm sounds to work as described.  "alarm1.mp3" seems to be the only thing that will play.  I've renamed the files and tried various ones, so it's not an encoding issue.  "alarmxxx.mp3" where xxx is the day of the week doesn't work.  "alarmx.mp3" where x is any number greater than 1 doesn't work.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Is it now even MORE unsupported than before?  :-)