Topic: In General: thumbs up!
Definitely a step in the right direction. I found it immediately useful and I cannot wait to see the finished version.
* The night screen is greatly improved with the large font and the list of active alarms.
* I like the implementation for the complicated (as opposed to the simple) alarm.
* I like the multiple sources of music! Definitely going the right way here. Is there an interface or API for a developer to add more sources (like Pandora, when available, or Rockbox compiled for the Chumby?)? How can I add more stations to Radio Free Chumby (I'm not sure what the philosophy of Radio Free Chumby was).
* A pleasant surprise was that all my alarms were migrated -- including the Easter Egg alarm! Please keep the alarm1.mp3 egg -- or make it so we can specify it (perhaps by URL like file://mnt/usb1/alarm1.mp3 )
* I was surprised Music -- MP3s from the USB has fewer controls than the previous version. I would like to be able to choose to randomize the entire selection as well as see the song name, like before.
* The Music -- MP3s from the USB only sees one USB as a source. It would be nice to see and use ALL possible MP3s, including if a hub was added.
* Click on touch... i thought this was handy, until I tried setting things in the control panel when my spouse was trying to sleep (almost lost my Chumby there). So, the usefulness of click on touch depends on the user.
* I cannot seem to choose a station with SHOUTcast. Scrolling was not easy, and clicking on the Tune In button did not play anything (could it be the station wasn't broadcasting then? I chose the WBUR entry and indeed, the Music shows it as the Current selection, but there was no audio.
[EDIT: upon closer inspection, some streams worked but not all]
* A scheduler for night mode and wake from night mode, as mentioned previously.
* If you are in the control panel subscreen, have the top button return to the control panel, but revert any changes made on the current screen.