Topic: Google security

I got the following message from Google. I suspect this means the Google Calendar widget on Chumby will stop being able to authenticate.

Google
On May 30, you may lose access to apps that are using less secure sign-in technology

To help keep your account secure, Google will no longer support the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password. Instead, you’ll need to sign in using Sign in with Google or other more secure technologies, like OAuth 2.0. Learn more What do you need to do?

An app or device which uses Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) to send emails using your Google Account has less secure access to your Gmail. This might be an older device, like a printer or scanner. To continue using your Google Account with this app or device:

App - Remove your Google Account from the app or device and sign in again using Sign in with Google
    Device - Change your device’s settings so you’re using more secure sign-in technology

I don't expect that anything will be done to keep this running on Chumby, I am just throwing it out there for completeness.