Topic: Clock time on SONY Dash

I have resigned myself to my Dash being a simple clock.  However, the time is always exactly 4 minutes slow.  This should be synchronized on the internet, but even with changing the hour for daylight savings time automatically, it still displays 4 minutes late.  Anyone else had this problem?

Re: Clock time on SONY Dash

Why not Chumbify it and bring it back from zombie status?

I am enough of a newbie here, that I am not even sure what "Chumbify" means.  Can you direct me to the part of this forum that gives me step-by-step?  I was already in my early-30s when I got my first computer (an Osborne 1) back in 1981 so have not become familiar with terms like Chumbyize or Unbrick.  Sorry!

Cliff's Notes version:   The person responsible for this fine website was a core member of the team which developed the Chumby, upon which the Dash is based, and now owns the IP behind it.  When Sony orphaned the Dash he was able to come up with a way to modify the "HID-C10" model boot process to use the still-supported Chumby systems.  The link(s) at the top of each page here explain how to make that happen.  If you have a C10 yours should be able to be converted.

The step-by-step instructions are in this topic but there are people here who can help you out if you get stuck.  Just be sure to follow the instructions EXACTLY.