Topic: Can't post long messages

Dunno why... but if I try and post more than a couple sentences, the Forum hangs on me.  This, obviously, makes me disinterested in posting.  Any thoughts?

Slave to the Light, Inc.
Los Angeles & Seattle USA
www.slavetothelight.com

Re: Can't post long messages

I posted a huge writeup last night. I don't think it's the forums.

http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=1750&p=2

MyridoM

When someone annoys me, it takes 42 muscles in my face to frown...but it takes only 4 muscles to extend my arm and b**ch-slap you!
http://haunterofthenight.com/ * new blog location

I get the problem too, from home, but not at the office.  We checked the logs, and the server doesn't even see the hit, so there's something else going on.

My home ISP is RoadRunner - maybe they're filtering or something.

4 (edited by Steve Tomlin 2008-02-26 22:20:30)

Long post by CEO deleted.  He leaves in shame.  Guess you'll have to go the blog to read it.

:^O

Congratulations Steve, you have made a post that takes up 2 and 1/3 screens, and tells you nothing except that your particular computer does not filter out long messages. Now, I tried quoting you on that whole message, but my computer said no. So we're still stuck with this problem. tongue

That's what happens when the CEO gets involved with IT issues smile

@Dunco - what error do you get?

What happens to me is that I get a server timeout after a long delay.

Duane wrote:

That's what happens when the CEO gets involved with IT issues smile

I have the same problems.. LOL
And it always ends with me saying.. "Oh you don't have time for this.. I'll take care of it."
When I really mean.. "Give me that before you break it!"..

Just joking Steve... smile

MyridoM

When someone annoys me, it takes 42 muscles in my face to frown...but it takes only 4 muscles to extend my arm and b**ch-slap you!
http://haunterofthenight.com/ * new blog location

8 (edited by darundal 2008-02-26 18:00:03)

Duane, if it helps, my ISP is Time Warner as well. I have had the same issue.

darundal wrote:

Duane, if it helps, my ISP is Time Warner as well. I have had the same issue.

Thanks, that's helpful - the more we look at this, it's becoming more clear that this is an ISP filtering issue.

I can't imagine what our forum is doing that would trigger this behavior.

apologies for top posting, i'm testing the ``long post'' problem from my time-warner connection

*followup:  so, this worked fine for me from my home time-warner connection.   if it works for the CEO and IT, it's
all good right? :-)

seriously, i'll continue to look into this, but the strange thing is that i don't even see the POST attempts in the logs
for the problematic ones.

/mdkail

Steve Tomlin wrote:

Testing with my last long-winded blog post to see if it works for me.  Yes, I know that this is a very cheezy back-handed way to get people to read my posts :^)

[ deleted by /mdkail to save bits ]

---

Chumby launches to the public today
February 25, 2008

I'm on Time Warner.  And I've got a VPN client and run torrents with no problems.  If I have to, I'll start posting in haiku; it'll make things nonspecific, though...

Slave to the Light, Inc.
www.slavetothelight.com

ok, i've made one minor php.ini tweak.  so, could someone who has the problem please try?  thanks for your help and patience!

/mdkail

JT, now *you* can leave in shame.

Steve Tomlin wrote:

JT, now *you* can leave in shame.

? I was helping test.

Nope.  I've got a post saved waiting to submit - and it won't go.  It also won't go as a PM.  And I post incredibly long-winded posts to a non-php board all the time with no troubles.  Dunno what to tell ya.

Slave to the Light, Inc.
www.slavetothelight.com

I also have problem posting, sometimes.

Just now, I removed the quoted section at the top of my reply and all instances of " and it worked. Could be a fluke